Top Tips on How to Exfoliate Your Lips
Luscious lips are a must-have to complete your makeup look. Exfoliating your lips will make them more plump and soft, but it can be challenging to find the right product for you and your needs. So whether you’re looking for something with sugar or one of our favorite natural sugars like coconut, here are some tips on how to exfoliate your lips so they’ll always be luscious.
Exfoliating is important because it removes the dead skin cells and leaves your lips with a healthy glow. There are many ways that you can exfoliate your lips, including using lip scrubs, sugar paste, or honey. Honey works great for sensitive skin and needs something gentle, while sugar paste is best for people who want more of an intense scrubbing experience. Lip scrubs work well for people with dryer lips since they will help moisturize them too.
To start with, we recommend using a lip scrub once every two weeks. This helps slough away dead skin cells that accumulate around the mouth area. Then, to make sure you’re getting all of those pesky little areas in between the teeth where food gets stuck, use a toothbrush when applying the scrub.
Creative Ways to Exfoliate Your Lips
We all know how important it is to exfoliate our skin, but did you know that your lips also need a little TLC? If you’re like me and have been neglecting your lip scrubbing routine, don’t fret! Below are some simple and practical tips for those of us who want soft and supple lips.
- Use lip scrubs with ingredients such as jojoba oil or shea butter because they will moisturize and exfoliate the dry patches on your lips.
- Exfoliating regularly (every few days) should help keep the flaky skin away.
- Avoid using anything abrasive like sugar or salt because this can cause further damage to your sensitive skin.
Exfoliating Lip Scrub Recipes
Women are always looking for ways to improve their appearance and make themselves feel more confident. Unfortunately, one of the most common issues that women face is dry, flaky lips. This can be caused by many different factors, including using a lip scrub with too harsh ingredients or taking medication that dries up the mouth. Exfoliating your lips regularly will help slough off dead skin cells and leave them feeling soft again! If you’re interested in trying out some new recipes for an exfoliating lip scrub, check out these three easy ones below:
- Combine one teaspoon sugar with 3-4 drops of lemon juice (or honey). Add a couple of drops of water if you would like the mixture to be more liquidy, or add more sugar if you want it thicker. Make sure all ingredients are combined well before applying to lips for best results.
- Mix one tablespoon coconut oil and two tablespoons of brown sugar in a small bowl until the mixture is uniform in texture. Apply this mixture to the face using circular motions for about three minutes, then rinse off with warm water from your lips.
Getting that perfect pout can be a challenge. But with the proper care routine, your lips will always have a healthy and moisturized appearance.